Friday, 10 January 2014
Taylor Swift Style - 2014 Golden Globes
A lot of you have been asking me for my predictions over on the questions blog about what I think Taylor will wear to the Golden Globes ceremony which airs this Sunday. After a lot of thought, I went back to look at all the runways (and the Pre-Fall collections that are still being rolled out!) to bring you some fun predictions for what Taylor will wear to the prestigious ceremony.
- Monique Lhuillier Pre-Fall 2014
- Taylor hasn’t worn Monique Lhuillier in a long time but I’ve always insisted that the designer’s penchant for feminine elegance should be something that Taylor wears more frequenly. This gown combines two of Taylor’s greatest loves: white hot gowns and metallic details. Similar to the J. Mendel gown Taylor wore to last year’s Grammys, I feel like this structured and more mature version would be right up Taylor’s alley.
- Naeem Khan Pre-Fall 2014
- This gown may seem a little dark and too mature for Taylor, but I’ve seen her pull off some truly amazing, gothic gowns and I feel like the draping design of the bodice is the perfect amount of glamour to contrast against the simple black skirting.
- Elie Saab Spring 2014
- Not only is Elie Saab one of Taylor’s favourite designers, I think everyone would collectively fall out of their chairs if Taylor decided to show up in this blooming floral dress. Not only is it a white gown (both TSS and Taylor love white gowns), but with the RED-era behind us, would it not be the perfect way to kickstart the supposed year of roses and Album Five?
- Zuhair Murad Fall 2013 Couture
- At such a prestigious event, it wouldn’t surprise me if Taylor opted to go glam and wear some couture. It wasn’t much of a leap for me to guess that if Taylor wanted to go sexy and glam but still classy that she would pick the master of sultry - Z. Murad. Taylor loves sparkles, cutouts and this designer so it’s extremely possible!
What about you, TSS-ers? Do you like any of my picks or have your own? What do you think Taylor will wear to this Sunday’s Golden Globes?